Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A hello of sorts.

What a strange time we live in. Connecting to everything.

I'm a writer. I'm a nice, deep thinking, pensive, quiet, calm, confident writer. I believe in the work I do. I feel it has meaning and use. Truly, all writers ought to feel that sense of pride. It isn't an extraordinary notion. I am a writer who loves to write and I absolutely adore readers who love to read. To come across a writer who loves to read or a reader who loves to write and forget it. All bet's are off. I'm in blissful happy-land with all of my fond thoughts of thinking and reading and writing.

However, I am absolutely ghastly with a very particular and sticky aspect of the writing process: self-promotion. It doesn't matter how much I love the work I've done. When it comes to the point at which most people can spit out the sting of words, “....and I think you ought to read this thing I wrote...” I can normally find some alternate statement of diversion.

“Have you read this (other person's) book?”
“How has your cat been?”
“Have you heard the new Arctic Monkey's album? Wow, right?!”
“Is that normally how you stand?”
…..It really can get pretty weird and awkward awfully quickly with me. I don't even understand it. I don't know where that comes from. I'm a writer who loves to write and I really do absolutely adore readers who love to read.

SO. Here I am. Here I am with a Blog with all sorts of fancy buttons and gadgets (on which I really have worked). Here I am with my introduction and my promise.

Hello, I am E.M. Knowles. I care about you and super-pinky-swear to always try to be less distant than (previous to this very moment) has been expected. I appreciate every interaction with every reader, writer or beautiful culmination of the two than I've ever been very sound at expressing.

Let's launch this bloggiety bloggy blog!

It's very nice to meet you. Stay a spell.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere!! We're happy to have you, writer <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You had a good deal to do with it. :) Going to give it my best. It has already given me a little therapy. Good medicine.

      Delete
  2. And I'll be happy to read you, writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'll be over-the-moon to write for you, reader. <3

      Delete
  3. Yeah, blog! Welcome to the internet (LOL).

    ReplyDelete